Red Vein Kratom is one of the three main types of kratom found in Southeast Asia. The stem and veins of these leaves are red in color, as suggested by its name.
Red vein strains are usually relaxing, but they also enhance emotional well-being. It is less energizing than green-vein or white-vein, but its effects last longer. It also has the most pain-relieving benefits.
People who suffer from chronic pain or opiate addiction usually choose red vein strains. Taking this type in the evening, or before bed, usually provides the best results.
Effects and Benefits of Red Vein Kratom
Red Vein Kratom is mostly known for being an analgesic and a sedative. It has calming and soothing effects on the body as well as stable and long-lasting effects.
However, not all types of red strains provide these effects. Some red strains are actually stimulating in addition to the usual effects of red vein.
Some of the most common effects of red vein kratom are:
- Pain relief
- Reduced stress & anxiety
- Opiate withdrawal relief
- Sleep induction
- Positive effect on the mood
- Boost in the overall well-being
In addition to potent pain relief, this variety is very helpful in soothing the mind and releasing tension. It also is effective at keeping you relaxed. Therefore, red strains are best for someone who is looking for a restful environment. Due to that, it’s best taken during the afternoon or the evening.
Moreover, red vein kratom helps to experience a sense of tranquility, uplift the mood, and be at ease. Thus, it can be helpful in alleviating depression and anxiety and offering relaxed sleep.
Red vein kratom also acts as an alternative to opiates and can help you overcome addictions to drugs.
The effects of each strain also depend on the amount of dosage. But overall, red vein strains are used to promote tranquility and peace.
Types of Red Vein Kratom and Their Effects
Red vein kratom is further broken down into several different strains. They are usually named after certain locations in Southeast Asia. Some of these are Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Sumatra, and Borneo.
While all red strains have potent effects, each red possesses unique properties. So, it is essential to understand the different varieties of red strains.
Some of the common types of red strains are:
- Red Thai: It originates from Thailand. However, after kratom was banned there in 1943, its seeds were brought to Indonesia. So, nowadays Red Thai grows in Indonesia using the seeds from Thailand. Most people use it to treat pain and opiate withdrawal symptoms.
- Red Bali: Although it has the Bali name, this red strain comes from the island of Borneo. The effects of Red Bali are similar to Red Thai but more potent.
- Red Vietnam: Another strain that usually comes from Borneo. It matches the properties of Red Bali and provides a more euphoric feeling. In fact, it’s one of the most euphoric strains.
- Red Indo: Also known as Red Kali, it usually comes from the West Kalimantan region of Borneo Island. It’s great if you are willing to boost your energy levels and enjoy the relaxing benefits characteristic of the red strains at the same time.
- Red Horn: It comes from Borneo and has leaves with spikes along their edges, which is why it’s called Red Horn Kratom. It possesses all the best traits of red vein strains such as pain relief, euphoria, and relaxation. Yet, it also provides some stimulation.
- Red Maeng Da: It’s very similar to Red Horn only more potent. Farmers created this strain by grafting Red Thai plants with red horned plants native to Indonesia.
- Red Borneo: Versatile for increasing concentration along with having strong pain-relieving and relaxing properties.
- Red Sumatra: This strain grows in the forests of the Indonesian island of Sumatra. It tends to relax your body and provides some stimulation.
- Red Riau: Grown in the swampy areas of the Sumatra island, it stimulates the brain while keeping the body relaxed.
Important Things to Consider
When buying red vein kratom, or any kratom, always choose a trustworthy online kratom provider. It’ll save you a low-quality experience and help you to avoid accidentally buying a contaminated, fake, or adulterated product.
Use the proper amount as per your requirements. The general suggestion is to start with 2 to 4 grams. Then, you can increase it up to 4 to 8 grams a day depending on the effects you are looking for. It’s best not to exceed 8 grams.
Some users are sensitive to kratom’s aroma. So, keep that in mind while selecting the most suitable dose for you.
Last but not least, kratom can significantly dehydrate you and cause constipation. So, drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
Other Interesting Facts about Red Vein Kratom
Red vein kratom grows more copiously than the other types of kratom. Though the research on Kratom is very preliminary, red vein kratom seems to be extremely adaptable and more resilient as compared to other vein types.
Red vein strains tend to have higher levels of 7-hydroxymitragynine than green or white strains. This results in more pronounced pain-relieving effects.
If you’re looking for pain, depression, or anxiety relief, or simply would like to relax and have an easier time going to sleep, then we suggest that you give red strains a try.
Don’t forget though that within the red vein kratom strains, there are varying properties and effects. A few strains like Red Vein Borneo and Red Thai have sedative effects whereas Red Sumatra elevates the mood.
Have you tried red vein kratom? What’s your favorite strain? What do you like most about it?